Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Themed Pinterest Party

This activity was pretty simple but I wanted to post the pictures anyway because the decorations were so cute! I had some outside help on them. The colors were mint/light blue/teal and coral/pink.


We had a bunch of random items that all came together to make cute centerpieces. My favorite is this first one. For the pictures I just framed scrapbook paper in white frames.

 



I had a lot of fun making this welcome sign! I found the big frame at the dumpster at my apartment complex (I have other DIY posts about stuff I found from dumpster diving). I took a smaller frame (no glass) and strung one thin wire diagonally across the back of the frame. The "hello"was easy to make with scrapbook paper and printed with a cute font. I taped the sign to the wire and applied the flowers to the frame. To attach the small frame to the larger frame, I ran wires from the top two corners of small frame to the top two corners of the larger frame. I made sure the wires were hidden on the back. There were some old nails still in the back so I just wrapped the wire around them. I knew that I was going to have the "summer" on the lower part of the frame (which I attached at the party since I figured it might tear easily in transporting it) so the smaller frame had to be closer to the top. This was really a lot of fun and very easy! The longest part was making the "summer" sign.



The presidency provided a flavored lemonade bar. I made the sign and bought these beautiful paper straws online (you'll see a close up in the pictures). We had a white lace tablecloth so I put a aqua tablecloth underneath the white one which toned down the blue to a beautiful shade!




 *Funny side story: I'm not sure if you can see it but there is a blue pitcher in the middle of the two larger ones. That was my flavor that I made. Originally it was going to be cotton candy but I couldn't find the right ingredients the night before (yea yea I know....procrastination is bad or something...blah blah blah) so I found another recipe for blue raspberry. I bought a glass dispenser from Wal-Mart (also the night before) but when I went to put the blue lemonade in, it was leaking really bad! The leak was a steady drip so it wasn't like it just gushed out. I thought maybe the seal on the spout was loose so I tried pushing it in but it just dripped even faster. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what was going on but after awhile I gave up. I had already been up there decorating for about 1 1/2 hrs, and I was very tired, and people were already there so luckily I found a plastic pitcher to put it. SO I apologize for the ghetto-ness of the random pitcher but I figured it was a small detail that no one else would notice except for me. It was one of those things you just have to say to yourself that it's not important and move on.







 I thought these pictures of the lemonade were really pretty :)



 These next pictures are just of the people presenting whatever they brought to share...


We learned cool ways to cut a watermelon and shuck corn in 4 minutes











DIY headbands and flower bead bracelets.






One lady showed off her cross stitch and embroidery skills. The cool thing is she doesn't even use a pattern!




Homemade marshmallows which made the most amazing s'mores I've ever had! I'll post the recipe and instructions when I get a copy.









Small in numbers again but everyone that came had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment