Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pinterest Party

I feel like Pinterest parties are so much fun and so easy to put together especially for Relief Society. You don't have to make any assignments. What our presidency does is provide something simple like drinks . In this instance, we didn't provide anything but I did have really cute decorations!

Here is the invite I designed. Let me know if you want a template or want me to design an invite for you. I printed them out in a regular postcard size. One Sunday I gave each sister a list of the sisters they each visit taught with their addresses. I told each sister to take an invite for each sister that wasn't there that day including one for their companion. They were supposed to write a short but personal note on the back of the card, and address to each sister. Then I gathered them up at the end, and stamped and dropped them off in the mail for them. It was an easy but cool way for them to make contact with their sisters. 

I found this font called "Clear Line" that looks really similar to the font Pinterest uses. Click here for the free downlaod of the Clear Line font. Or you can Google it. It's on different sites other than this one. I put my personal contact info for them to RSVP (obviously I wasn't comfortable with putting that on here), and of course, I made an invite on Facebook they could RSVP that way as well.

I printed out some cool Pinterest-themed things and framed them.








I gathered random objects from around my house that would fit with the party's theme colors (light, blue, red, black, and white/silver) and made these displays. We were having the party at someone's house so we didn't have tables and chairs set up. But I just put them in random places in the kitchen, dining area, and living room. You'll see some food tags I made. In case people brought dishes I made blank tags for people to put their name and the name of their dishes. Also, you'll see some red porcupines in the 2nd photo to the left of the blue tea set, and also a red dog in the third photo. These are actually toy figurines I had bought a long time ago and spray painted.









 This garland was one of my favorite things I did if I can say so myself! I printed out the Pinterest logo which you can easily Google but I have it here as well: 


 Then I used the same light blue damask pattern I used at the top of the invite:


  

I cropped it on my computer into a circle shape and printed it out the same size as the Pinterest logo:



Then I hand drew some cool letters to finish spelling out the word "party" so I only drew the letters "a", "r", "t", and "y" on the damask pattern. If you're not artistic, you can design the letters on the pattern before you print it out.



I used double sided tape to tape these to some red twine. I realized that the backs would be seen so I just printed out the blue damask pattern and used the pattern without the letters. I did make sure to tape the red twine a little closer to the top of the letters that way they wouldn't rotate around if the garland was going to be suspended in the air. I also taped some smaller black circles in between the letters to make the garland longer. The smaller circles looked better as they are less distracting than if they were the same size as the rest of the circles with the logo and letters.



I ordered a bunch of brown paper bags with handles on them so that if the girls made anything, they would have a cute bag to take their stuff home in. It was very inexpensive. I designed this label and printed them on sticker paper so that I could cut them out, and easily stick them to the front of the brown paper bags. You could also print out the labels on cardstock paper and then glue them to the bags but they won't stick as well. I used stick glue so maybe that's the problem. Or maybe cardstock was too thick? In any case, I prefer the sticker paper.

 




And that's it! Here are some pictures of the activity.

Aspen taught us how to make homemade flavored Peeps:











Then she taught us how to make homemade suckers.







There were only two other girls who brought something, and one of them was me. I just showed them how to make toilet paper roll art. I will have another entry showing my final project of that under my DIY Projects blog. I ended up putting it in my bedroom as you'll see. The other girls made all natural carrot cakes but she had made those beforehand so her presentation was just sharing how she did it, and sharing the recipe with us.

It was also cool because some of the older women didn't know what Pinterest was or how to use it so we got to teach them about it :) I'm planning another Pinterest Party in July but it'll be summer themed so hopefully now that more people know what a Pinterest party entails, they can bring stuff to share. I'll post about that as well under the Relief Society Activities blog.

As always, comment or email me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment